Congratulations on being promoted to Product Leader, one of the most exciting and challenging roles you will take on.
Just when you’ve “gotten it right” …
- There is a new acquisition or merger to deal with,
- You hire more product managers,
- The market you’re in pivots, or
- Your competition introduces something slick & appealing
Now everyone is looking to you for Product leadership.
As if that wasn’t challenging enough,
- You need guidance to build a high functioning and scalable Product team.
- Product and Engineering work “OK” together, but Marketing and Sales are disconnected from your Product organization.
- You’re experiencing about 20% churn of your Product Team and need to slow that down.
- You spend more time doing reactive tasks than proactive strategy.
- The company is not product-led and it shows in the bottom line.
- Your Product team isn’t at a consistent minimum competency level to be effective.
Did you know that Ineffective Product Management
can threaten your digital transformation?
Product teams face unique challenges that can lead to:
Solving this lands squarely on your shoulders, …
and you’re new to the role. HELP!
But you don’t need to navigate this path alone.
The Product Leader page on the Products That Count website has outstanding content from our community of over 300K Product Managers, Product executives and CPOs to help you succeed as a Product Leader. Here are several resources to get you started:
Being an Effective Product Leader
- The Right Priorities For Product Managers
- The Ramifications of Ineffective Product Management
- Product Acceleration Platform: The Solution to Ineffective Product Management
- Personalized product mentorship at scale
- Becoming Successful Product Leaders
- Managing People Who Manage Products
- The Hardest Part of Being a Product Leader
- Leaders Take Product Managers To The Next Level
- Managing Product Managers
- Product Leaders: Driving Core KPIs
Building Your Team
- Building The Best Product Teams
- Scaling Product Teams
- Leading with Transparency
- How Product Leaders Inspire Confidence in Their Teams
- Building Product Teams, not Products
- Aligning Successful Product Teams
- Build High-Performing Teams with The Growth Mindset
- Organizing Product Teams
- Product Leadership in Distributed Teams
- Building Products with Distributed Teams
Onward to the C-Suite
Designing, Building, & Launching Great Products
Access more podcasts, videos, blogs, articles, eBooks, and infographics on Best Practices of a Great Product Leader.
Are we missing something to help you become a more effective Product Leader? Contact us at [email protected].
Does your Product team need help becoming great?
Personalized Mentorship will turn your Product team into a competitive advantage so you can win as a market leader. This paid offering will
- offer guidance to transform your company to be Product-Led,
- provide continuous PM training and ongoing mentoring to level-up your Product team,
- train PMs and PLs that are new to their roles,
- help executives establish consistency and structure in the midst of Product Team restructuring, growth, and M&A activities,
- share best practices for product management and leadership.
Click the green “Live Chat” button to the right to talk with a Products That Count staff member about the Strategic PM Bootcamp and Personalized Mentoring for your Product Team.