Why is adopting a product-focused mindset important? In this podcast, Ubiety Technologies CPO Nacho Andrade meets with Craft.io CEO Elad Simon to discuss how adopting a product-focused mindset can drive transformation and growth. Discover valuable insights on embracing curiosity, leveraging qualitative and quantitative data, and exploring innovative tools.
- Craft IO aims to solve the problem of product managers who rely on spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and scattered documents.
- Leaders should adopt a product management mindset for successful transformation.
- Enterprises require a product-focused mindset as they become software companies.
- A shift from traditional project-based thinking to a product mindset is occurring.
- The product management mindset is being adopted by IT organizations.
- Great results in software development require more than just Agile.
- A crucial factor is connecting a product management mindset to strategy and customer feedback.
- Many enterprises engage in “Agile theater” without creating value or providing direction.
- Necessary changes include shifting mindset and focusing on people and outcomes.
- Product managers encounter challenges when driving change in organizations.
- We recommend stakeholder mapping and persuasive techniques for influencing.
- Highlighting the importance of understanding stakeholders and avoiding initial failures.
- Ethos, reputation, and shared values influence persuasion.
- Emotional factors significantly impact decision-making.
- We discuss the power, limitations, and manipulability of data.
- Important considerations include qualitative data, framing, and question selection.
- We mention resources for learning and improving product management skills.
- We emphasize the importance of curiosity for product managers.
- Try to understand the perspectives and challenges of colleagues from different departments.
- Great product managers consider various aspects such as pricing, marketing, and technology.
- Gong is a software product that effectively solves complex problems.
About the speaker
Elad is the CEO and Co-founder of Craft.io. Prior to Craft.io, Elad led the SMB and Media Operations teams at Taboola, where he built and led a $100M business unit, leading Product, Sales, Marketing and Account Management team to shape Taboola's SMB offering to advertisers. Before that, Elad led the Growth Engine at Google, a core initiative for Google in the Economic impact space and the SMB Marketing activities of Google in EMEA, managing a large scale team of marketers and working closely with Product, Sales and Account Management on delivering Google's advertising products to SMBs. Elad also worked in Barclays Bank in London where he led large change management processes in Barclays Wealth Asset Management. Elad holds a B.Sc. in Mathematics, Economics and Philosophy from Tel-Aviv University and an MBA from INSEAD. In his spare time Elad likes to swim, spend time with his kids and watch stand up comedy.
About the host
Nacho is an Evangelist for all things product, advocating for innovation, diversity, and building amazing products. Nacho has spent over 10 years in product roles ranging from startups to enterprise in industries like education, healthcare, finance and gaming.