What are the key principles of product leadership? In this episode of Product Talk, our host Melissa Pickering meets with IPSY (Beauty For All Industries) Senior Director of Product Heidi Cajucom for an inspiring conversation on the principles of product leadership. Heidi shares her journey, from founding an anonymous peer support network for college students to managing product teams at TaskRabbit and BFA. Discover the secrets of effective product leadership, the importance of mentorship and empathy in decision-making, and gain valuable insights for balancing work and family responsibilities. Tune in for a wealth of knowledge and actionable advice from a true product management expert.
- Heidi Cajucom is an entrepreneur and product leader.
- She founded an anonymous peer support network for college students.
- Heidi worked as a product manager at TaskRabbit.
- She manages product teams at BFA Industries.
- Heidi won global awards for her work in product management.
- She rapidly advanced her career as a product manager.
- Heidi shares insights from her incubator experience.
- Editing perspectives from mentors is crucial.
- The incubator taught her to prioritize objectives and filter inputs.
- Empathy and understanding other departments are vital.
- Mentorship and peer learning are emphasized.
- Seek mentorship from others in the industry.
- Continuous feedback seeking is essential.
- Product leadership principles include testing hypotheses.
- Understanding the customer problem before solving it is crucial.
- An auto rescue mechanism reduced failed tasks by 83%.
- Discovery and stakeholder education are important.
- Setting boundaries and self-care are vital for working parents.
- Proactive communication builds trust with stakeholders.
- Disciplined decision-making and prioritization are key for product managers.
About the speaker
About the host
I'm a purpose-driven change agent with a track record of building & leading cross-functional teams to develop & launch products for kids. From Disney Imagineering, to EdTech startup founder, to product innovation at The LEGO Group, I have spent over a decade building and leading product teams to innovate kids' play and learning experiences. Most recently, I have joined another purpose-driven mission at Willow Innovations to bring more joy to motherhood, building products to make moms' lives easier.