It’s episode 10 of the Product Awards Series, hosted by Ubiety Techologies CPO Nacho Andrade! Here, Nacho speaks with inCitu Founding CEO Dana Chermesh. The focus is on the company’s use of augmented reality (AR) to transform city planning and make it accessible to everyone. Chermesh’s background in architecture and experience with immersive technologies in the Israeli Air Force inspired her to explore AR in urban planning. InCitu’s mission is to improve the conversation around the future of cities by providing easy access to information and fostering engagement. The team prioritizes user experience and has shifted from an iOS app to web AR and QR codes for seamless access to AR experiences. Chermesh emphasizes the importance of passion and problem-solving in building great products. The podcast also touches on industry trends, the convergence of AR and city planning, and the need for responsible urban development.
- InCitu uses AR to democratize access to information about urban changes.
- Dana Chermesh studied architecture and worked as an architect before pursuing data science.
- Chermesh’s experience in immersive technologies and simulation inspired her to explore AR in urban planning.
- InCitu’s goal is to improve the conversation around city planning and empower residents, professionals, and leaders.
- They provide quick and understandable access to information and use smartphones for seamless exploration.
- InCitu aims to replace opposition with engagement and create a dialogue about the future of cities.
- The team focuses on user experience and shifted from an iOS app to web AR and QR codes for easy access.
- They are furthermore honored to be nominated for the 2023 Product Awards and credit their standout product to the team’s dedication and commitment.
- Additionally, the product is intuitive and doesn’t require extensive onboarding.
- Increased verticalization and specialization in the industry are seen as positive trends.
- The convergence of AR/XR and city planning has gained recognition for responsible and inclusive urban development.
- InCitu’s approach to product management also emphasizes the connection between vision and user experience.
- Passion and problem-solving are essential for building a great product, regardless of specific credentials.
- It’s important to be lean and iterate quickly without compromising user experience.
- Founders should embrace what sets them apart and have confidence in their vision.
- Chermesh recommends the Yoto autoplay device for kids.
- Passion, excitement, and curiosity are common traits among product people and founders.
About the speaker
About the host
Nacho is an Evangelist for all things product, advocating for innovation, diversity, and building amazing products. Nacho has spent over 10 years in product roles ranging from startups to enterprise in industries like education, healthcare, finance and gaming.