In episode #3 of the Product Awards Series, Nitra Founder and CEO Jonathan Chen speaks with Ubiety Technologies CPO Nacho Andrade. Nitra is a fintech company building FinTech for the healthcare industry, primarily targeting small healthcare practices. As doctors often prioritize treating patients over optimizing their business, product companies like Nitra face challenges in helping clients understand the importance of business optimization.
Subscribe to the Product Talk podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts and catch every conversation with leading product executives. Episodes in the 2023 Product Awards Series drop on Fridays.
- Nitra is a FinTech company building FinTech for the healthcare industry.
- They build financial solutions for healthcare providers such as physicians, hospitals, and medical clinics.
- Therefore, the healthcare industry is going through a transformation towards technological solutions.
- Additionally, Nitra saw the opportunity to disrupt the healthcare industry and jump on the wave of change.
- They are currently building solutions for SMB healthcare practices, but plan to move upstream to larger hospitals in the future.
- Furthermore, CEO Jonathan Chen, has 10 years of experience in tech startups and founded a previous company that went public on the NYSE.
- The health industry is slow compared to other industries.
- To illustrate, Doctors focus on helping patients and may not have business optimization as a primary goal.
- Nitra helps doctors improve their business but may find it harder to communicate this to them than typical business owners.
- Doctors always have a market as people will always need treatments and go to the doctor.
- The health care industry is one of the biggest industries in the world.
- It is also one of the most regulated and hardest to get into.
- There are a lot more healthcare-focused tech companies and investors in the industry.
- Jonathan predicts the next decade will be golden for the health care industry.
- Nitra sees themselves as one of the companies that will disrupt health care.
- They want to be the ones to solve problems in the industry.
- They are at the intersection of health care and FinTech.
- Nitra targets healthcare providers who are focused on treating patients rather than optimizing their businesses.
- Nitra hopes to educate healthcare providers on the importance of business optimization to help them succeed.
About the speaker
About the host
Nacho is an Evangelist for all things product, advocating for innovation, diversity, and building amazing products. Nacho has spent over 10 years in product roles ranging from startups to enterprise in industries like education, healthcare, finance and gaming.