The Product Awards celebrates award-winning tools for product managers across the stages of the product lifecycle: Conceive, Collaborate, Design, Build, and Operate. We have created categories with in each lifecycle stage – these categories are hand selected and outline a specific solution for that lifecycle stage. Without further ado, here are the 2020 Product Award categories!
Product Stage: Conceive
- Solve Market Problems: How do you understand the problem and the market you’re addressing.
- Explore Solutions: How do you explore potential solutions (as prototypes) and define what is “good enough”.
- Communicate Internally: How do you make the business case to your team, collect feedback, and refine your conception of the product.
- Build a Roadmap: How do you sequence the product and market segments, taking into account impact, effort, and competitive dynamics.
Product Stage: Collaborate
- Listen to Customers: How do you collect, keep track of, organize, and communicate always-on customer insights to your product team.
- Track Trends: How do you collect, keep track of, organize, and communicate broader trends in tech, business, and the economy.
- Analyze Competition: How do you keep track of and analyze the competitive market you are in.
Product Stage: Design
- Capture User Pain Points: Tools that help you capture pain points and challenges in your user’s journey. These tools help in developing “how might we” statements.
- Ideate on Solutions: Tools that help capture ideas, play crazy 8’s for potential ideas that will help address user pain points.
- Collaborate Internally: Tools that allow for further collaboratively distilling ideas and fleshing them out in terms of actual output.
- Share Prototypes: Tools that allow you to prototype, get feedback from users and stakeholders and allow for rapid iteration to prepare for development.
Product Stage: Build
- Execute Ideas: Assess how you’re doing against your plan, decide whether to make adjustments, communicate, and document the new plan.
- Create It Yourself: These days engineers aren’t the only builders, tools where PMs are implementing part of the experience themselves.
- Build Teams: Sourcing, connecting, assessing, closing and growing your team.
- Establish Culture: Establishing norms and process and ensuring your team has all the tools and knowledge to succeed in your organization.
Product Stage: Operate
- Organize Knowledge: Tools that help you ingest all the user insights and organize it in an actionable way.
- Analyze Impacts: Tools that help you understand what your users are doing.
- Deploy Code: Tools that product managers use to understand technical problems, or help you deploy builds to various channels.
- Connect Teams: Tools that connect your team together to communicate, or to automate the dissemination of information across your company.
About the speaker
Products That Count is the original and most influential product acceleration platform in the world. Almost 300,000 product managers globally read, watch, attend and listen to our 3,000+ free blog posts, videos, webinars and podcasts. C/VP-level product executives such as Netflix Product VP, Coinbase CPO, and Box CPO share best practices and raise their profile at our curated product salons, podcast show and mastermind circles. Leading brands such as Autodesk and Capital One join as corporate members to turn their product teams into a competitive advantage. Hyper-growth companies like Amplitude have generated 10X ROI from marketing partnerships. Learn more at productsthatcount.com