The Product Awards celebrates award-winning tools for product managers across the stages of the product lifecycle: Conceive, Collaborate, Design, Build, and Operate. We have created categories with in each lifecycle stage – these categories are hand selected and outline a specific solution for that lifecycle stage. Without further ado, here are the 2020 Product Award categories!
Product Stage: Conceive
- Solve Market Problems: How do you understand the problem and the market you’re addressing.
- Explore Solutions: How do you explore potential solutions (as prototypes) and define what is “good enough”.
- Communicate Internally: How do you make the business case to your team, collect feedback, and refine your conception of the product.
- Build a Roadmap: How do you sequence the product and market segments, taking into account impact, effort, and competitive dynamics.
Product Stage: Collaborate
- Listen to Customers: How do you collect, keep track of, organize, and communicate always-on customer insights to your product team.
- Track Trends: How do you collect, keep track of, organize, and communicate broader trends in tech, business, and the economy.
- Analyze Competition: How do you keep track of and analyze the competitive market you are in.
Product Stage: Design
- Capture User Pain Points: Tools that help you capture pain points and challenges in your user’s journey. These tools help in developing “how might we” statements.
- Ideate on Solutions: Tools that help capture ideas, play crazy 8’s for potential ideas that will help address user pain points.
- Collaborate Internally: Tools that allow for further collaboratively distilling ideas and fleshing them out in terms of actual output.
- Share Prototypes: Tools that allow you to prototype, get feedback from users and stakeholders and allow for rapid iteration to prepare for development.
Product Stage: Build
- Execute Ideas: Assess how you’re doing against your plan, decide whether to make adjustments, communicate, and document the new plan.
- Create It Yourself: These days engineers aren’t the only builders, tools where PMs are implementing part of the experience themselves.
- Build Teams: Sourcing, connecting, assessing, closing and growing your team.
- Establish Culture: Establishing norms and process and ensuring your team has all the tools and knowledge to succeed in your organization.
Product Stage: Operate
- Organize Knowledge: Tools that help you ingest all the user insights and organize it in an actionable way.
- Analyze Impacts: Tools that help you understand what your users are doing.
- Deploy Code: Tools that product managers use to understand technical problems, or help you deploy builds to various channels.
- Connect Teams: Tools that connect your team together to communicate, or to automate the dissemination of information across your company.
About the speaker
Products that Count is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that helps everyone build great products. It celebrates product excellence through coveted Awards that inspire 500,000+ product managers and honor great products and the professionals responsible for their success. It accelerates the career and rise to the C-suite of >30% of all Product Managers globally by providing exceptional programming – including award-winning podcasts and popular newsletters – for free. It acts as a trusted advisor to all CPOs at Fortune 1000, and publishes key insights from innovative companies, like Capgemini, SoFi, and Amplitude, that turn product success into business success.