Episode 11 of the Product Awards Series features OmniSync CEO and Co-Founder Rupak Doshi. Doshi tells host Nacho Andrade about the company’s focus on aiding life sciences and technology startups to create innovative solutions. A main theme is niche solutions and the path to success. Rupak emphasizes the importance of understanding the people behind the problems and tailoring solutions to their needs. OmniSync’s success lies in securing grant money for startups’ research phases. Important is enabling them to build the best possible solution before seeking venture capital funding. With a background in life sciences and a fresh perspective on software development, OmniSync’s product stands out among niche solutions.
- OmniSync helps life sciences and technology startups requiring R&D to develop innovative solutions.
- R&D is crucial for product differentiation and new market creation.
- Startups seeking R&D often face challenges in obtaining traditional investor funding due to high risk and uncertain value.
- OmniSync also assists startups in applying for grant money to fund research. That enables them to build better solutions and seek venture capital later.
- The company has operated for about three and a half years. Aiding over 800 companies and processing 3500+ proposals across federal Small Business Innovation Research programs.
- Government programs furthermore acknowledge the value of OmniSync’s approach, leading to contracts with federal agencies. And also improved connections to technologies and companies.
- Additionally, the co-founders’ life sciences background and lack of software experience offered a fresh perspective in building their niche product.
- OmniSync’s product also stands out for its specialization in deep technical and scientific material. Key is utilizing subject matter expertise and software development skills.
- The product’s complexity requires two distinct project managers. One with deep subject matter expertise and another with strong software development skills.
- This approach ensures effective alignment between customer needs and product development, setting OmniSync apart from other companies.
- Understanding the people behind the problem and their experiences is essential, according to Rupak Doshi.
- The company’s specialization in deep technology caters specifically to the life sciences sector.
- Rupak advises aspiring founders to be patient, committed, and passionate in solving real problems rather than seeking quick success.
- Passion and love for the problem or solution are vital for enduring the challenges of entrepreneurship.
- Calendly is a product Rupak admires for its elegant, simple, and flawless scheduling functionality.
About the speaker
About the host
Nacho is an Evangelist for all things product, advocating for innovation, diversity, and building amazing products. Nacho has spent over 10 years in product roles ranging from startups to enterprise in industries like education, healthcare, finance and gaming.